About Norton Rose Fulbright
Brussels Office Since:1990
Norton Rose Fulbright’s Government Relations and Public Policy practice comprises lawyers and government affairs professionals working across our global network. We work with in-house lawyers and government relations teams to help them to navigate the complex and sensitive interaction between law and politics, policy and regulation. We serve clients in the banking, commodities, digital asset, financial services and technology sectors as well as public authorities and self-regulatory organisations. Offering clients an unmatched mix of policy, process and sectoral expertise, we work with our clients through the entire legislative process from initial objectives to new law, from implementing measures to application. We support our clients across jurisdictions, helping them coordinate and promote appropriate and consistent legislation wherever they do business.
Having both deep expertise in the law and regulation and an insider’s understanding of politics and policy-making enables us to synthesise solutions that work commercially, legally and politically. That is a rare combination which we believe adds real value to our clients.
Limited liability partnership.
Norton Rose Fulbright is a global legal practice comprised of more than 4,000 lawyers based in over 50 cities across Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East.
Drawing on the experience of lawyers, lobbyists and consultants who have held senior positions with government agencies and departments worldwide, we offer our clients a significant understanding of the underlying policies which shape the regulators’ approach and of the sensitivities of dealing with global, regional and national policy makers and regulators. This allows us to provide comprehensive assistance to our clients as they navigate the evolving and increasingly complex global regulatory and compliance environment.
Examples of how we support our client’s business include:
- Providing bespoke insight and intelligence support
- Supporting advocacy and strategic engagement
- Helping with responses to consultations, formulating positons on proposed legislation and regulation
- Training senior managers before committee appearance or other regulatory hearings
- Advising on political and regulatory matters in the course of transaction support
- Supporting clients through regulatory investigations and inquiries
Number of Public Affairs Consultants5
Bank for International Settlements, Ruffer, Banco Finantia, Shopify.
Members of our Government Relations and Public Policy practice regularly work with legal teams across the network in producing cutting-edge research and analysis on public policy issues ranging from the regulation of cannabis products to insolvency practices for crypto-assets, from the evolution of lobbying regulation to national security reviews of foreign acquisitions and investments across jurisdictions.
Some of our most widely cited and popular publications and resources include:
- Our Brexit Pathfinder and PathfinderPLUS hubs which help our clients navigate and understand what Brexit means for their business. Registration for access: Brexit Pathfinder
- Our Blogs on a range of topics, including Regulation Tomorrow – a one-stop-shop for updates and analysis on recent financial services legislation, regulation and policy developments across Africa, Asia, Australia, Canada, Europe and the United States.
- Our thought leadership Global Publications from across the network and practice areas.
- Our innovative Podcasts on variety of issues and including financial services, technology, data, project finance and renewable energy.
- Our premium knowledge NRF Institute site exclusively available to our clients.
Testimonials and why clients like to work with us
Our clients prize our strengths and our responsiveness, seek our tailored and reasoned advice and rely upon our probity.
“We have been hugely appreciative of the high quality of work provided by the NRF team. In particular their ability to ensure our concerns are not only heard by policy makers but where possible reflected in the legislation.”
Ruth Crowell, CEO, London Bullion Market Association
“IMMFA instructed the NRF team on a complex and politically-sensitive matter. The team worked diligently and quickly to support the association’s advocacy efforts, counselling us on where and when to press our position and giving us creative ideas to protect our members’ businesses.”
Jane Lowe, Secretary General, Institutional Money Market Funds Association