I am the founder of Stenström Consulting, a boutique firm that focuses on legislative lobbying. I love the nitty-gritty of EU law making but also the wider perspective that comes from working with clients in many different sectors.
- Director Continental Europe and Head of EU Public Affairs, DLA Piper, Brussels, Belgium
- Partner and Managing Director, Diplomat Communications, Brussels, Belgium
- Senior Advisor, MHP Communications, Brussels, Belgium
Plus: Board member of the Society of European Affairs Professionals (Programme Committee Chair between 2007 and 2010); Lecturer at Lille University, France, Master II in European public affairs
My Proudest Achievements
In addition to establishing my own thriving consultancy: My role in launching the unique concept of a public affairs department within a law firm. I established a team of eight EU public affairs specialists and ran that operation at a young age, including the management of finances, HR, recruitment, service delivery to all clients, marketing activities etc. The Brussels office also served as the hub for all our pan-European campaigns.
- 3-year License d’Histoire, Sorbonne University, Paris I, France
- 3-year Diploma in Political Science and International Administration (obtained in 2 years) (Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium and Växjö University, Sweden)
Plus: courses at Instituto Tecnològico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Queretaro, Mexico; at Instituto Cervantes de Bruselas, Brussels, Belgium; at Teikyo University, Maastricht, the Netherlands; and at Sorbonne University, Paris IV, Paris, France
- Swedish – mother tongue; English – native level;
- French – native level; Spanish – advanced level;
- German – studied at University level
My Interests outside work
Music is my passion (and a quote from a song)! I sing in a local choir – we have an ambitious conductor and have recently given a performance with a symphony orchestra at the Salle Henry Le Boeuf at Bozar and we opened the Fête de l’Iris on the Place Royale in 2018 with a Jacques Brel piece. We have also recorded in a professional studio. I first started the choir when I was four… I have always played different instruments, such as the Swedish folkloric “key fiddle” and the violin, and have taken dance classes ranging from ballroom, to Cumbia, to folkloric… And I very much enjoy going out to dance with friends. I have four incredibly witty kids and we lead a very busy social life!
My Favourite Brussels anecdote
Staying with the theme above: when the European Commission many years ago organised a data protection conference with sections entirely titled after Abba songs… ‘Does your mother know?’, ‘Knowing me, knowing you’…?